460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finnaly got enough bugs out to get some full 1/8 mile runs.Best 60ft was1.18 et 5.48 at 127.The oil pressure still mediocre at best but the engine ran flawless.The car is spinning on the top end ecspecially at 1-2 shift.Makes the time spent building car worthwile.There was only two door cars faster and neither of them were homebuilt.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Cool. Sounds like the 514 Ranger I drive. Knocks the tires loose at the gear change and spins 'em thru the traps. Makes you pay attention for the whole trip, doesn't it? Has it tried to swap ends around 500' out? There's a thrill for ya. :shock:

T

·
0 Posts
Congratulations!! Sounds like you have got a hold of that beast. :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys we were really surprised at the et.Took off a hat and a tunnelram this should have took away a good bit of power.But this old style intake and dominator without spacer with 30 degrees total timing feels more powerful.Let a chevy friend drive the car and he said he never drove a chevy that pulled as hard as mine.Did'nt convert him but it sure got his respect.In fact he volunteered to drive any time I wanted.

T

·
0 Posts
Ray what heads are you running? Is your car CM or MS? Just curious. Sounds like me & you have similar engine set ups.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's just awesome Ray!
I really can't wait to get mine built.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TopSportsman916 said:
Ray what heads are you running? Is your car CM or MS? Just curious. Sounds like me & you have similar engine set ups.
Chris,The heads are unported Aheads I just cleaned up ports and gasket matched them also polished the combustion chambers.The chassis is 13/4 mild steel with a homemade strut frontend.Car weighs 2170# without driver.The carb is only 11/2" from the hood so with more air it might run a little quicker.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Yee Haw ride! got any more pics?

T

·
0 Posts
Sweet!!!!!!! I need to put mine on a diet. My car weighs 2400 w/o driver with a 1 5/8" MS chassis. Are you running a stock block or an A460? When I switched to the A460, it added about 75 lbs. over my stock block .Looks to me that you have a good combo with plenty of room to grow. Now I just need to figure out how to swing an aluminum block so I can lose abot 150 lbs.. HMMM, Guess I am like Dave & will need to win the NC lottery!!! :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I run a dovea 4bolt main.The TBird body on this chassis weighed 2520#.I change out the struts toa toyota style which netted 30# the rest of the weight loss is the glass body.Have always heard you gain a tenth for every hundred pounds lost around 400 and picked up a little over two tenths.You can tell a definate difference in feel at the finish line as the car has a real light feel to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts