460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my car going. Lot of long hours and cussing at my Accufab headers because they hit every where. But took it to Martin this past weekend and my best pass was 9.08 @ 149 mph. But Damon does not have to worry with 63% in the front I won't be entering any wheelie contests. Still got some alky adjustments to make and some suspension work. But I am hoping get an 8 out of it at Stanton this weekend.
Thanks to Lem and Mr. Kaase for parts and valuable advice. And all the members of 460ford.com for reading about what works and what doesn't.

Rick

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Specs

IDT Premier block 6.25 bore, 6.8 Howard rods, Diamond pistons. Motor Sport A-460 heads flowing 410 @ .800 / 365 @ .800 from Arnold cyl heads in Kazoo, Mi. 831/ 822 lift 292/284 Isky solid roller cam w/Crower roller lifters. A460 intake from Al (557Hatch). Ron's alky Terminator. Kaase oil pump. Danny Bee from Lem. All asembled by Dick Motyka @ AAA performance in Kalamazoo MI. 2 1/4 inch Pain in the A** Accufab headers. Glide with 4 link and a 4.10 gear.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Nice shakedown runs. Those shakedown runs are better than what my best will be I think.

Looks like the suspension is working just right.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Awesome runs for 1st time out... Great job... :D :D :D

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Impressive times there. I would love to have that motor in my car so if you ever get tired of it just let me know :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys

I think ...hope there is more in the car and it seems to get a little faster every pass. Not sure if its all the car and not part me getting a little more comfortable in the car. The car weight is 2922 lbs. with me in it. I got a lot of good friends helping work the bugs out, all but 2 of them drive Bowties. But suspension and alky injection is basicly the same no matter what brand it is. My suspension guy says it looks like he is going to have to put a picture of a Ford on his wall which is funny.

Thanks again guys for the compliments.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts