460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After making some T&T runs a week ago I raced my Fairlane for the 1st time. It ran a best of 10.16 @ 134mph. I went 3 rounds and lost to the event winner by .002. The air was 8500' DA. I think with some more tuning to the chassis and engine, 9.90's are within reach. I thought building the car was fun but driving it is even better!!
Heres a couple picts from the lanes when they where laddering the cars for the 3rd round

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s318/shawnstang67/Hot Rods/mico/Picture181.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s318/shawnstang67/Hot Rods/mico/Picture180.jpg

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Good job and Nice Fairlane Mike:)
That thang is slammed like LiL Tweety:eek:
How much does it weigh?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Mike

I really want to see your car now!!! That thing is sweet!!! best Fairlane I've ever seen. Who did the suspension work for you?

Ace

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Man, that is a sinister lookin Fairane:eek: Very nice

Bill

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Damn nice looking car. Gotta love a low slung hot rod.:D

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Man I'm digging the Black on Black rims and the Blacked out Grill that just sits it a Fire:cool:

·
Registered
112 Posts
SWEET! Did Ford make an ugly car in 64?? I've always like the falcons, fairlanes and galaxies that year.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the kind words guys.

BBF mavrick .. The car weighs 2775lbs without me.

Ace .. I built the chassis myself. I used a Chris Alston A-arm front suspension kit and a Quarter Max 4-link in the rear.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very nice Fairlane. I gotta soft spot for em anyway, I own a 66 and a 63 along with my BBF powered fox. By the way, I know the guy in the gray Mustang II next to you in the second pic. He shows up at SRCA dragstrip in Great Bend, Ks once in awhile.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
I love it i will do a car one day that color always liked the blue and black with blacked out wheels it just looks mean i still have a soft for the two in the back ground tho :D i can picture it with that color combo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts