460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok guys i went to the track friday and did my 6 runs to get my nhra license done. my last 2 passes i went 100% and both times i got what i felt was a shutter about 1000'. a guy watching at the track said he thought i had gear bind from watching, said it seemed to run out of pull down where i let out. from watching my video it almost sounds like it gets against the rev limiter but the tach is set 200rpm lower than the rev limiter and the shift light didnt fire.

i am not sure of car weight yet but estimating 2700+/- with driver. running 32-14 tire with 4.10 gear. i really thought that would be more than enuf gear to get this car all the way down the track without getting close to my rev limit. it seems my convertor is flashing to 6k off the brake..do you think that is close to where i should be?

im very new to going this fast and adjusting a car like this. so give me some advice please. il include my engine dyno sheet to compare to where my convertor and rpm range is running.

http://youtu.be/bC_F9Rqq9B0

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
When putting 4.10 @ 131 MPH w/31" tall tire. ( you said you were running 32-14's) So even figuring short @ 31" tall ---- The wonder wheel said your RPM should be in the 5800 RPM range. Is the Tach reading right? Transmission slipping? Driving through the converter? I think I would be looking in areas like that. --- Q

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
New set up

When putting 4.10 @ 131 MPH w/31" tall tire. ( you said you were running 32-14's) So even figuring short @ 31" tall ---- The wonder wheel said your RPM should be in the 5800 RPM range. Is the Tach reading right? Transmission slipping? Driving through the converter? I think I would be looking in areas like that. --- Q
I would agree with trans slip, blowing thru con, also, had one also to do that It was trans sliping at high end, not saying thats the case, just a thought.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's more like what I was thinking. Like I said this stuff is all pretty new for me but I really thought I would be trapping a lot lower rpm with that gear. On my video you can see where my rpm is. Where should I start to pinpoint my problem? The trans only has a handful of runs on it and is a ultra glide I bought new. I'll smell the fluid when I get home see if it's burnt. The hughes stall was ordered for a heavier car with less power. What's the best way to know if your blowing through it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts