460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming to the home of the Big Block Ford this 18 June-19 July.

Primarily for my wife who's competing in the World Police/Fire Games in Virginia.

Bit of a whirlwind tour Hawaii-Washington DC-NYC-Vegas-San Fran-LA.

Any tips on events or places, Motorhead related, I should visit if I get a chance to drop the girls of somewhere?

Appreciate any travel advice,
Sean, Tracy and Shelby.

·
Registered
226 Posts
So how much time do you have over there? Any particular interests? Drag racing? NASCAR? museums? When you go to DC, visit the Smithsonian Institute's National Air and Space Museum

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've been to NASCAR races in Michigan, Daytona and Charlotte; if you like NASCAR then I recommend going to a race. I also recommend a package from the likes of SportsTravel.com because they include accommodation, tickets, transfers, etc. Dragracingonline.com has a calendar with all the main drag racing series.

Americans are always very friendly to we Aussies so don't be shy.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If you are only going to those big cities, then you will struggle to find a decent drag race. When you drive from S.F. to L.A. go down the Pacific Coast Highway. The I5 is boring and if the girls (or you :) ) like shopping, there's a big outlet centre in Pismo Beach

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
This site Socal car culture is pretty good for the west coast . In L.A look up Donut Derelicts at Huntington beach is usually good . California speedway at Fontana has Nascar and drags if you're lucky enough to catch them , same with Pomona but not sure how many events there.

In Vegas the LVMS is good http://www.lvms.com/dragstrip/ , Just in the same complex just beside LVMS is the Carrol Shelby museum also , has daily tours .

http://www.museumoflasvegas.com/Carroll-Shelby-Museum.html

http://www.socalcarculture.com/index.htm

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
coupe545, you know that the pinks show is being filmed at Rockingham dragway the week of July 4 it will be like 4 or 5 days long and there will be a bunch of racing going on there for sure

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
coupe545, you know that the pinks show is being filmed at Rockingham dragway the week of July 4 it will be like 4 or 5 days long and there will be a bunch of racing going on there for sure
This would be fantastic. Just did the sums on traveling there and back.....nup can't do it

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Do you want my parts wish list now or near the end of your trip....lol

Do you need someone to look after your coupe while your gone??????....lol

Have a safe trip.

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
331 Posts
motorhead related, cripes! Where do I start? Enjoy your time here. North south east or west take your pick. If you were up around my area I'd suggest Byron Dragway, Byron Illinois. very fast cars. locals only kind of dragstrip. great burgers!

·
Registered
194 Posts
You will pass close by several drag strips from DC to NYC: MIR, US13, Cecil County, Atco Dragway(home track of a few here), Maple Grove, Raceway Park and Island. You can check the schedules and see if anything interests you.

Enjoy your stay.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts