460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week, I made my first trip to a chassis dyno. What a blast!! We just finished a 392 stroker EFI combo and it needed a few things in the program tweaked. We met up with a buddy who is going as well and bringing an 02 GT with a 03 Cobra motor. I had no idea what to expect.

392 was in a custom 68 bronco with 40 inch tires. We wanted a tune on the combo we would be running on the trail. It pulled right at 300 HP and 348 ftlbs at the wheels. Not bad for a 40 inch tired beast.

Then came the mod motor...Supposedly all that was done was a supercharger portjob, K&N and no cats and a smaller pully. The car had 4.11's.
It pulled 504 HP at 6200 and mid 500's on torque. I was in shock! Maybe I need to get out more often...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was pretty astonished. Their was a 04 cobra their as well that had a Kenne-Bell and it put out 640. Guy claimed their was still be more in it after he got it broken it. Yet , the stockish cobra setup with minor tweaking going to 500!! That is saying a hell of a lot for factory gear and 281 cubic inches! Really makes me want a huffer on my big block...
I think it is great what the manufacturers are doing these days. Tecnology has came a long way. Unless he was on the throtlle, the 500 hp car idled like a regular car and we filled up with pump gas. Sleeper for sure!
ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts