460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
USED FLAMING RIVER SOLID STEERING SHAFT FOR USE WITH MANUAL RACKS. THIS ITEM IS THE PERFECT FIX FOR STEERING SHAFT TO HEADER CLEARANCE PROBLEMS. $80 obo

·
Registered
93 Posts
Shaft

Mike, I am interested in the steering shaft. I spaced my K-member down 1.5 inches, and the shaft needs to be about one inch longer. Is there some adjustment in your shaft? John 940/631-1152

·
Registered
962 Posts
aa

If it is short, for about $20 you can get a 24 inch piece of 3/4 DD shaft from Jegs or summit and cut you own to what you need - $80 is a good price if you need it - yes to header clearence

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Guys..FYI...A fox upper steering shaft telescopes in / out of the column. Sometimes needs coaxing wtih a hammer to free it up. There's about 8" of adjustabilty so length should never be a problem. Joint placement in relation to header tubes sometimes is a prob though.

That is a good price on the Flaming River shaft. The adjustability and small dia joints are great for BBFox applications.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
BBBob_M said:
Guys..FYI...A fox upper steering shaft telescopes in / out of the column. Sometimes needs coaxing wtih a hammer to free it up. There's about 8" of adjustabilty so length should never be a problem. Joint placement in relation to header tubes sometimes is a prob though.

That is a good price on the Flaming River shaft. The adjustability and small dia joints are great for BBFox applications.

x2...... the inner sleeve on the column has plastic pins that need to be "sheared" and then it will move 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts