460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building an efi 460 for an offroad truck and starting to work through the details. The motor is from a 94 f350, my trans is an early 80s? t19. Looks like the input is an inch in diameter and 10 spline. The dust cover for the flex plate on the motor doesn't match the bell housing at the starter, meaning the diameters are different. While I imagine a auto flexplate would have no need to be giant in diameter, I'm also reading there are two diameters of flywheels throughout the years? Or is it just a manual vs auto difference? What about reluctor ring teeth for crank position? Or is that something Ford does differently?

Anyone have a clear breakdown of what Ford used for what years or applications and or a good resource to research what would best suite me?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I got it. Reluctor rings-are installed behind the balancer.
How's your 460 t19 project going? I have a similar project.
A 1985 F250 with a t19C . My truck came with a 6.9l diesel originally with the T19. The previous owner put the 1979 460 in it.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Building an efi 460 for an offroad truck and starting to work through the details. The motor is from a 94 f350, my trans is an early 80s? t19. Looks like the input is an inch in diameter and 10 spline. The dust cover for the flex plate on the motor doesn't match the bell housing at the starter, meaning the diameters are different. While I imagine a auto flexplate would have no need to be giant in diameter, I'm also reading there are two diameters of flywheels throughout the years? Or is it just a manual vs auto difference? What about reluctor ring teeth for crank position? Or is that something Ford does differently?

Anyone have a clear breakdown of what Ford used for what years or applications and or a good resource to research what would best suite me?
I need to know for sure which bell you have, there are diff flywheels for diff bells, with diff tooth counts

And year of engine

and diff balance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts