460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the 460 swap kit 6 years ago from l and l,at the time I had no idea about internal-external balancing, anyway now that I’ve done some research I’ve figured out that the flywheel is internal but my crank is external, found a lot of material removed from flywheel and a lot added to the crank, now here’s my question, can I still use the flywheel if I purchase an internally balanced rotating assembly or is it to late? View attachment 92495

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind, I’m in over my head and wrong all across the board, not sure how to delete a post on here

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Bought the 460 swap kit 6 years ago from l and l,at the time I had no idea about internal-external balancing, anyway now that I’ve done some research I’ve figured out that the flywheel is internal but my crank is external, found a lot of material removed from flywheel and a lot added to the crank, now here’s my question, can I still use the flywheel if I purchase an internally balanced rotating assembly or is it to late? View attachment 92495
the right way is to have it balanced all together, crank, rods, pistons, damper flywheel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts