460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

When I see a need with our engines, I generally try to help fix the problem. So for those of you using C-460 heads, the stud kit from Ford only includes the ten big 9/16" studs. It does not include the short 7/16" studs for the rest of the eighteen head bolt pattern.

So I have bought the needed 7/16" studs, washers and nuts in bulk and have them here to complete the rest of the "18 bolt" package. They are ARP studs & nuts.

There's two ways to go here. (A) Use the studs on both the outside and the inside lifter valley area, or (B) use the studs on the outside and grade eight bolts/washers on the inside. As you can expect, the bolts are cheaper.

So, if your ordering a complete new stud kit, just order M-6014-G500 for the A-460 iron blocks from: [email protected]
and tell him you want the rest of the studs and then we'll throw in the short 7/16" studs, bolts and washers for a little more $.

If you already have the big 9/16" studs and need to complete the rest of the package, just call me at (270)685-4654 or e-mail me at;
[email protected]

and I'll send you whatever you need to complete the package.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Charlie...

I have been trying to contact you about some c head 7/16 hardware..whens the best time to call you?...thanks Brian Wheat.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brian,

I'm sorry. We've had three different BB Ford engines on the dyno, three weekends in a row. It's been very hectic around here. I'll call you today, however my number is (270)685-4654. Probally early mornings is the best time.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Charlie...

birdracer said:
I have been trying to contact you about some c head 7/16 hardware..whens the best time to call you?...thanks Brian Wheat.
Brian,

I FedEx'ed the head studs/bolts out this morning. Send a check for $64.71 whenever you get a chance.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brian,

You're welcome. When I said this morning, I meant Thursday morning, but at the time of the post it was Friday. Hopefully you'll get them Saturday.

Later,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts