460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

It's happened to me aswell, the "POWERMASTER" starter has S**T itself, while on a sunday cruize. It was a 2 mile push back to my house ( my legs and arms a killing me today...lol)

Need help in finding the "3226" stater everyone is taking about.

Where is the best place to buy from?

Will it be ok with a turbo 400 trans?

Can you also use these on a 351 Cleveland?

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
918 Posts
I get mine from O'reilly's (around $80). I've never had good luck with NAPA electrical anything, so I'd avoid one from there. I don't know about them working on a TH400, though. Out of my area of "expertise" haha.....Sounds like a lot of guys have good luck with the DB electrical starters off ebay, as well, so maybe look into one of those if shipping to Australia would be easier.

Lucas

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys

DB starter it is, hope it works out better than the powermaster...........will post when i recieve it!!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Thanks Bob460 for asking. I just ordered one. I have a PowerMaster starter as well and it is stuck in the clocked position that I put it in. It is only about 1 millimeter away from the block. I'd like to move it away but I can't get the allen head screws out. ....this is my second one. The first one died.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This starter works amazing when cold starting, better cranking and not as loud as the powermaster, but not so when engine is hot, still better than the powermaster one i had.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts