460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a brand new Weiand Stealth 8021 429SCJ Alum Intake Manifold from Summitt on September 6, 2022 as a backup for my current Ford 466 with Blue Thunder CJ Alum heads with original Ford alum 6V intake manifold. Intake came with nothing from Weiand/Holley, not even the water by=-pass press in tube. They now thread both water by-pass opening in the manifold. It comes with nothing, no carb studs, no intake plugs...has four openings, nothing. It came with no installation isntructions from Weiand. I looked around the internet and found the Weiand 8021 intake manifold instructions but aafter reading them it was really a set written for a Chevy where they changed Chevy in a couple places to Ford, but managed to miss a lot more.
So I took their PDF and amedned it in red changing and adding various pieces of information so it now reads like it was written for the 429SCF or a 460 with CJ/SCJ cast iron or alum heads on it. It includes all the various pieces you need to collect to install it along with part numbers......fyi

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts