460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This engine was just finished and dyno'd last week. It is going in my Jetboat that I race on the Colorado River and in specific organized events.

The engine consists of:

Ford A460 18 Bolt Block 4.60 bore
Blue Thunder Gen 2 THOR Heads prepped by BES
SCAT Crank prepped by Castillo Crankshaft 4.50"
Callies Ultra I Beam Rods 6.8"
Diamond Pistons(NO Gas ports)
Coated bearings
Comp Cams Custom Roller (proprietary grind but 284-300 is in the ballpark)
ISKY Keyed Lifters
HRE SheetMetal 2 x 4 Intake
2- Holley 1250 carbs done by Performance Carburetor, Ontario, CA
Kaase Oil Pump
Wet Sump Pan w/ Kickout(12 qts)
Royal Purple 5-30 XRP Oil
MSD Crank Trigger
Star vacuum Pump

Engine was started and broke in at 9:30 a.m. PST. Made 10 pulls and off the dyno at 1:00 p.m. PST.

Result was 1260 hp @ 7700 and 913.5 ft lbs @ 6800. With Gas Ports and a Dry Sump this engine would be knocking down 1300 hp.

There have been several requests for info, so here it is. Call if you would like this engine duplicated.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I'm very happy with it. I'm sure some BBC guys aren't going to be very happy this summer! :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys. To answer some questions going from 1 Carb to 2 was a 100 hp increase. These Heads need AIR. The 4V deal was an emergency brake of sorts and made GOOD power, but not like the Sheetmetal Intake does. I figured at least 80 hp going to 2 carbs and it did a little better.

No Dry Sump because I'm ready to go boating. Done wrneching for a couple months(at least on this). I may put a Dry Sump on it for the races in October-Novemeber when the air is better. I figure the dry sump will be good for 20-30 hp. Also have a couple other 'little' deals to try out with good air that might add a little(6-10 hp). If I can get this to do 1300 hp I'll be happier than I am now. :)

Compression is 16-1 with an 18 bolt block and Cometic gaskets. Fuel is the same @ VP Q-16. Wish I could post some pics as I do have them over on Facebook and Instagram, but I don't use Photobucket. If anyone knows how to go from phone direct to here, Let me know how and I'll let my kid get them up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll get my kid to post some pics and a video of the final pull over here tomorrow if he can. DSC Motorsport doesn't have a company Facebook page as of right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts