460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped out the Dana 60 in my 66F100 for a Ford 9inch everything is brand new in it 3.89 Yukon gears and Yukon locker. The housing I bought is about a inch narrower then the stock one. Where the vent was placed by the housing rebuilder is practically right over the ring gear it’s just one of those button vents. I swapped it out and put a barb fitting with a hose it still blew oil out the hose so I ran the hose in to the bed with a catch can (Snapple bottle) just to see how much oil it’s pumping out. I thought it might just be the breakin period it would do this but I have almost 800 miles on it now and it still is puking oil. Not a lot a total of about 1/2 qrt has came out. But it seems when I drive it you can see the oil coming up the tube. I’m running Lucas synthetic 75-90. Could this be from the thinner oil? I’ve beamed the housing after a 30mile drive and it’s only 80-90 degrees. Should I swap it to the standard 80-90 thinker oil? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Mr I didn’t see your reply I think I will this winter when I get the extra time right now I rigged up a catch can that’s working well for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts