460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard some unsubstantiated rumors that a couple of the top 10 pro stock teams may be changing to Ford next season. There could be a announcement at Indy. I know Pontiac is out and the drivers they have in the top ten this year are Mike Edwards, Greg Stanfield, Jason Line, and Greg Anderson. Edwards has a history with Fords.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well that will be fine for Ford. But right now I think Erica Enders? Is the only one running a ford and I don't know the last time she qual'd for a race..
I sure hope there's some development $$ going with the cars to make sure they're competitive...

Just a thought..

D

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I talked at length to Mr. Cunningham at the Bristol race, there are some mighty good things coming at the end of the month from Ford, and all is aproved from Ford and NHRA.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Needs to boot enders and put the man (do i have to print his name?) behind the wheel and then it would be on.
I hate to rain on your parade, but Erica Enders isn't the problem... You could put any driver you want in that car at this point, and I'd bet my truck it still won't qualify... Big names don't make fast cars... Warren Johnson himself said last year, he wished his car had the short times of this car... And that when these guys start putting that Mustang in the field, they'll be one to contend with... It does sound like they're finally getting somewhere with NHRA though, so hopefully it won't be long...

Doug...:cool:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Agree on Erica not being the problem. Even with the outdated parts, they've made great progress this year. They're only a tenth away from qualifying - in years past it was 2 or 3 tenths. When they finally get the updated stuff, I might start giving a rats *** about NHRA Pro Stock again. I haven't cared since Hurley was running 6 or 7 years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
That is what Mr. Cunningham told me. The new areo package could put them in the field not even using the new engine package. If everything he told me comes to pass, it will be very good in prostock for the Ford fans.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is what Mr. Cunningham told me. The new areo package could put them in the field not even using the new engine package. If everything he told me comes to pass, it will be very good in prostock for the Ford fans.
Blake,

Sorry I missed you guys at Bristol. We arrived there sat about 11:00am rented a golf cart for 4 and road around the pits after qualifying and left after the first round of Pro Mod. Was going to call a few times and it was so loud I never did make the call. I guess I will meet you guys on the way to the bash.

Russ Hood

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I may be ready to run my car somewhere this week or weekend, I got the engine back in last night . Hope to fire it tonight. Any of your tracks open through the week?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I may be ready to run my car somewhere this week or weekend, I got the engine back in last night . Hope to fire it tonight. Any of your tracks open through the week?
Friday night at Sand Mtn Dragway in Scottsboro, AL. Brainerd ran a rainout last tuesday night and it was packed!

·
Registered
401 Posts
i heard roush will be leasing pro-stock engines to ford teams.maybe b.s.? time will tell.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I didnt say enders was the problem and understand that they are down on power but when they get the new power the man should be driving.I would bet that he is still a better driver too!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Erica Enders is well known for her reaction times, as are most women who race... When they get the power they need, she'll do just fine... The "MAN" as great as he was, should keep his feet firmly planted where they are, on the ground... Warren Johnson should do the same... Just my .02...

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
You know what they say about opinions...? :D:D

That is all...:D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts