460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
i would wish they did not through away the idea of putting the v-10 in the mustang. They tried it awhile back, but could not keep the car together, i think to much torque :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
That's cool. I noticed that he said there were 50 2008 models made and talked about maybe making 2010 models...no 2009 models ?

It's cool how Ford will sell all the parts to allow any V-6 car to be converted into a CJ clone. That's cool as well. That engine has got to easily be 15,000 bucks. :shock:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
4speed390 said:
god ford has to get away from these mod motors
I agree Ron, I'm not a Fan of the MOD SQUAD and never will be. :shock: :roll: Rick

·
Registered
941 Posts
Gotta be different here. I love the BBF, but I am very impressed with the mod motor in my GT500. Same engine as in the CJ Mustang. 5.4L 32V Supercharged. Ford underates them at 500hp/475 torque. For less than $1K in external bolt ons I can be at 600 hp and still have enough reliability and street manners to drive across the county and get almost 22 mpg while doing it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Haha, my name is Jim lol, Ron paul is/was a candidate for president. Speaking of which I should probably change that. But I still agree.
BBFmavrick said:
4speed390 said:
I agree Ron, I'm not a Fan of the MOD SQUAD and never will be. :shock: :roll: Rick

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I wonder if I can pick one up for around 300 dollars a month. 8)

:lol:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Why arent you a fan of the mod motor, there bottom end is tough as nails and they have a large array of aftermarket add-ons and they have the potental to make big power

·
Registered
527 Posts
4speed390 said:

I'm thinking you must not know much about them! :?:

Evolution performance made (IIRC) over 1000 rwhp on a factory stock longblock.

That's right....well over 1000hp on OEM parts.

My old 04 cobra made just shy of 600hp at the crank, did it reliably on the street, on the road coarse, and down the 1320', and would still knock down 23.5mpg on the highway wtih the a/c on and 6 cd's in the dash.

Being able to buy factory forged components and factory blocks proven to handle over 1500hp sounds pretty good to me!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice idea

I love the fact you can now get a factory stock car, BUT how many people have the money to pay for tat $65K car. THe mopar is only 37K. It is nice that if you have a V6 you can make your own. I just think it is way overpriced. Its more like a show car. Was this the case in 68 as well. Just don't seem like the Drag car should over price the stock road version.

Am I the only one here that thinks this. Don't get me wrong I loved the car.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Think we have Brian Wolfe to thank for a lot of this. He is/was a pioneer 5.0 racer in the 90s and now he is the boss (kinda like Jon Kaase being put in charge of engine development for Ford - imagine what would happen). Most of those corporate level guys are more about accounting than performance. Just giving the man his props and hope it works out for him to have a long future in this role as things will only get better

1 - 17 of 17 Posts