460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin for a spare R&P for my truck so when i break this set i can have it back together for the next pull.

thanks
Cory

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am positive that I have a 4.10 ring and Pinion for a dana 60 that I bought off Ebay 3 years ago. I will look in my shop and let you know. Dave W

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sat i broke an axle shaft and after pulling the cover to remove the broken piece to find most of the ring gear in pieces at the bottom of the case i decided that i might as weel listemn to the guys that told me the 60 would never hold up and go to a 70. i picked oner up for 200. i need a new set of carier bearings, weld up the spiders, and weld the mounts on it and ill be ready to go

·
Registered
273 Posts
keep an eye out for parts on that 70 axles can get expensive for them, most of the guys around here are using 14 bolts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dana 60 70 80

The new hot setup is a Dana 80 center and weld your Dana 60 outers on or use 70 outers as the Dana 80 uses 1-1/2-35 spline axles or weld 14 bolt ends on a Dana 80 and you'll get a Ring and Pinion that will actually last more the 3 runs. Would be a cheap setup if you could find a complete 80 with ruined wheel bearing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would have went with a 14 bolt but i just spent 150 in a 1480 yoke for the 60 that still fits a 70. Ive talked to mulitple guys that have ran 70s in my class with no problems at all. one guy went from a 10.25 to an 80 and wishes he hadnt now because its too heavy and 70s are cutting it. ill soon know sure enough if its going to last or not. welded up the diff, spring perches, and shock mounts last night should have it in in a couple of hrs after work.

·
Registered
273 Posts
on the dana 80's you don't have to weld on different outers it all can be changed around by using different bearings. I have been running a 70 in my truck for several years now and have not had any problems but I am not running the power of some of the other guys either.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am not sure but I will try and find out we did this on a friend of mine's pulling truck a while back. I think they are just regular 70 hubs the biggest thing was finding the bearing and race combo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts