460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
It sounded like you even gave him the jump, then put him in his place.
I never really thought about the "street racing" aspect of boating.Cool! I guess its like when we ATV and roost each other.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I had a friend that had a 460 jet boat. He installed a dual turbo kit. He might blow a couple engine a year sometimes. They were stock engines. He would purchase them for a couple hundred dollers or possibvly a complete 460 power waggon, truck, ertc. Never paid more than a few hundred. He clead the clock on just about everyone around and had less invested in his engine than some had in valve covers. If he blew a motor he was back next week otheres blew theirs well some were done for a year or two.

He did finial purchace a real high end aftermarket 426 blown Hemi pickle fork.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
I had a friend that had a 460 jet boat. He installed a dual turbo kit. He might blow a couple engine a year sometimes. They were stock engines. He would purchase them for a couple hundred dollers or possibvly a complete 460 power waggon, truck, ertc. Never paid more than a few hundred. He clead the clock on just about everyone around and had less invested in his engine than some had in valve covers. If he blew a motor he was back next week otheres blew theirs well some were done for a year or two.

He did finial purchace a real high end aftermarket 426 blown Hemi pickle fork.
That's fine as long as you don't put a hole in the hull! lol THAT will ruin your day.....
Rob

·
Registered
42 Posts
Depends on were you are boating many inland lakes have speed limits. The fines are usally much worse on the water too.
I have been going fast on the water since the mid 70's and things have gotten much worse for lake racers. Noise laws, speed limits, HP limits and DNR police that feel "that boat is over powered" or "too fast for this lake". Couple this with tubers that drive around in circles creating monster wakes, PWC's that don't follow any discernable course and the meteoric rise in fishing tournaments and well.....you get the idea:(. I have since given up on inland lakes and feed my speed fetish on Lake Erie in a larger boat which translates into a lot more $$$ to go fast.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thats why (video) I`m bringing my jet back to life from the side of my house since Katrina. Need all new cables and a new manual diverter. Gotta also pop the shoe and re-seal it. I used some 3m yellow glue for marine carpet, so thats gonna be a mutha to get up. At least all my interior I took out and is perfectly fine in my attic. :D Bass boat guys say, "a jet is alot of show and a lil bit of go". I reply, "yeah, but at least I look cool doin` it".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts