460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard about ford recalling the recall they had on the cruise control? I just heard about it this morning. The fuse link they put in to correct the problem the first time, is bad also. Thats what I heard anyway. Maybe they'll get it ight this time.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Figures....I'm STILL waiting for the dealer to get the part to fix it the first time....I assumed that if I waited a while before taking it in to be fixed, the rush would be over. Dealer assured me, 'Why, yes, we have the part. Bring it on in tomorrow."

No good deed goes unpunished, as they in fact did not have the part in stock...but they did tell me that they were required to disconnect the cruise, now that it was in the shop. After arguing the point for five minutes, I said, "Fine...disconnect it." So they did.

I took the keys, started it up, pulled it one foot forward, (still in the service lane), shut it off, popped the hood, and reconnected it. Drove off, smiling. :mrgreen:

Worth the aggravation, just to see the service manager's face.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Fortunatly I dont have to mess with the cc recalls, the cam sensor deal is a pain in the *** for 3 freakin tenths though. Every one I have put in truck has the original and some 200k on the odometer. Then you get one with dual alternator, or a hyd pump, then the paper work to get 2 more tenths...........ahhhhhhh. Better than the multitude of 6.0 recalls, the rear planet deal rocked though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts