460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
If anyone would know, it would probably be Lem. Maybe he will see your post and respond.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
They are coming out with a larger version of the 5.4 that is supposed to be a 427 (7.0l). Of course it is still all speculative. There is an article in Nov MM&FF. Maybe that is it...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fordsbyjay said:
They are coming out with a larger version of the 5.4 that is supposed to be a 427 (7.0l). Of course it is still all speculative. There is an article in Nov MM&FF. Maybe that is it...
That is not the thing I presume, because we're now talking from 385-series. 5.4 will still be modular engine even if it would be in 427 cubes. There are rumours on 385-series, lets hope that it would be 572 cid or greater just to kick gm guys.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
torino501 said:
prbobly a roush built 385

There was a small piece a couple months ago in one of the Ford mags about a new Roush crate engine.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I have it on excellent authority, that the NEW crate engine will be on the 385 platform. They're just upsizing from the 514.... A friend of mine @ Ford Performance told me it'll be in the range of a 545-572, and will be based on a redesigned A-460 block... Lookout Chebby guys...... :twisted: :twisted:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Rumor has it a 588" might even be possible. :wink:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I'll be very suprised if the NHRA actually allows the Force engine to be used in competition. I might be wrong, but I know Walt Austin tried to use the Boss 9 in alchohol funny car and wasn't allowed. That 4.900 bore spacing was a no no! Time will tell. I still think if it's a Ford it should have a Ford engine. Same for GM and Chrysler. If Ford wants to dump their money on funny car then they should lobby NHRA to allow their engine. Don't think they honestly care. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
846 Posts
Well,Let's put it this way, I'm at the show just back to the hotel..

With the exception of Force's new nitro motor, There were NO big blocks in the Ford display. No blocks ,no heads, no crate motors..

Anybody know when this announcement was to be made ??

·
Registered
508 Posts
exactly, knowing ford nothing will come out of it. My buddy and I just came up with this the other day
F *ck
O ur
R esearch
D evelopment.

So like many good for things this will probably not go on much. :lol:
QtrWarrior said:
Well,Let's put it this way, I'm at the show just back to the hotel..

With the exception of Force's new nitro motor, There were NO big blocks in the Ford display. No blocks ,no heads, no crate motors..

Anybody know when this announcement was to be made ??

·
8,522 Posts
Facts are.....Ford had a 598" kit in the catalog many years ago....why is it not there any more ? It did not sell . Just like old man Henry said "if we ask our customers what they needed...they would have said 'a faster horse' ".
I do not know why FRPP put all the 'drama' in this deal....but...it's a bigger crate engine . Don't ask ...I do not know how big :)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
new's flash!!!!!! I talk to the ford rep at SEMA and this year is an up grade but 09------ 602 crate!! yea Baby!! :D :lol: :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
215 Posts
A little PRI conversation with the Ford reps Friday 12/7/07 ->

1) There may be some more 514s (actually 521s?) in the pipeline early '08. If so, they'll likey have the A460 blocks.

2) There was a nylon casting mule on display of the newest A460 replacement. It is intended to be stronger and lighter than the A460 and may be available in two bore sizes: less than 4.36 and more (!). It may be available mid '08.

3) I didn't hear anything about a 602, but that would be fine with me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speculation and 50 cents will get us a newspaper :wink:

Tom

1 - 20 of 34 Posts