460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'm 6'3 and fit my 86 reasonably well with the bench, but buckets made it a little snug.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
I'm 6'3 and fit my 86 reasonably well with the bench, but buckets made it a little snug.
Maybe I posted that backwards:confused:, they say the mind is the first thing to go.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It was just the thickness of the seat. The stock bench seat is pretty thin. the buckets were fatter, especially the backs.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
I am not going to make it over your way this week the guy I showed the pics of the bronco already bought one last week a 89 model.Go and test drive it and see how you like it I have had 86 long bed and 88 XLT in the past regular cab I am 6'1'' never had a problem getting in or out .I have also had a 90 S10 with a 5 speed it didn't seam to have as much room as the Rangers.Both of my Rangers was automatics not standard shifts with the stick it might not be as comfy as a automatic with the cluth padel for a long legged person.

Jim

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am not going to make it over your way this week the guy I showed the pics of the bronco already bought one last week a 89 model.Go and test drive it and see how you like it I have had 86 long bed and 88 XLT in the past regular cab I am 6'1'' never had a problem getting in or out .I have also had a 90 S10 with a 5 speed it didn't seam to have as much room as the Rangers.Both of my Rangers was automatics not standard shifts with the stick it might not be as comfy as a automatic with the cluth padel for a long legged person.

Jim
It's all good Jim. I plan to go to Florida and do an even trade for a 1979 Ford 4X4 with 460 for it..

I drove the Ranger today.....engine looks clean. Fuel injected. I fitted pretty good in it....not like a fullsize truck though but seats were comfortable enough. Guy said he got it from a car dealership and said it had around 20,000 miles on the engine then and said he probably put 20,000 more on it. It drove good. Wanted to spit and spudder later on so I told him I was interested though but had to go to my town and get cash. Lowered him down to $1000. He said he got it running better. Condensation was build up under the distributor cap.

Body needs some work and paint...floor has some rust holes but sheetmetal can fix that. 4x4 works too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts