460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Well FOMOCO is a tough one seems how it is the name of the company. But, as far as Mustang, or Falcon or Pinto or anything else I think it is totally ridiculous that they can trade mark these names. The Mustang and horse or pony have been around long before these A holes at Ford have been so what right do they have to the name? Do they pay anything to all the Mustang horses in this country? It is retarded I think. As far as Ford, they can kiss my aZZ cuz I don't see any new Fords in my future. My next truck will be an import.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Jap junk ain't so bad. Heck, a lot of it is made here now and a lot of domestic production is overseas. Name doesn't really matter much for place of origin anymore. I like my Infiniti Q45 and even though it's built kinda cheaply like a jap car should be, it sure beats any factory ford sedan I've been in. I like my beemers most. They're not Japanese built and the parts are a bit pricey but they're solid and well thought out. The only domestics I have are farm work trucks and my old '69 mach1 project. For basic beater rigs I think the domestics are great. Parts are cheap and there's not much leather interior to maintain. By the way, the fit and finish of my old mustang is horrific compared to either the Infiniti or BMWs... but that's the way it should be. Raw, rough, and tuff muscle car, nothing more, no less.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
whtstdhrse said:
yea that's just what this country needs,more fools making a jump to jap junk over something like this.
Well if I had a business that wasn't doing to well the last thing I would do is start screwing over my supporters. Alot of the "imports" are made in the US now while the US Manufacturers have been outsourcing parts over seas so it is a pretty blurry subject as to whether or not it is actually an import or not. I was simply refering to buying a Nissan instead of another FORD. I have owned nothing but Fords for over 20 years and loyalty should mean something (it does to me) but it doesn't mean crap to Ford so how else do you send a message that you are dis-satisfied with their actions? You shop elsewhere, it doesn't matter if it is clothes, furniture or cars.

·
Registered
43 Posts
well I work as a tech in a ford/toyota dealership and it ain't pretty.to repair a toyota is out of this world,put a starter on a tundra v8,4.5 hrs labor plus 400.00 for a starter.(it's under the intake).another example a 4cyl.rav 4 shortblock w/o gaskets or labor 4000.00/9800.00 long block,loss of oilpressure,then you work all day to find a rattle and the japs don't think they need to pay for their engineering mistakes. tough to make a living on commission.this is a rural area-when used as a truck,they seem to cost more in the long run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts