460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
I used to work on the tech line and I know all the people who are still there. They are not the most informed people about Fords however, they know very well their own product line.
If a question had to do with something OTHER than with their product line, then they may not have an answer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I work at an "asian" dealer, and found that if you close a Technical case with the reason code " No assistance provided", it gets you a rather fast phone call with a very knowledable person wanting to speak to you.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had a rather odd electrical/computer/drivability issue with a 7.3 e-van ambulance, provided in detail all my results etc., then I get a " be sure to check the compression"............well, compression test aint got a damn thing to do with my issue, and trust me, its not an easy task top perform on a e van. I will be lucky to get .2 for doing it, so dont insult me with your "read from the monitor" answers.

Tech hotline is a last resort, and is done to cover our ***. I did have them help on one truck with a wind noise, but thats it.

Punk *** kid outta college nevewr touched a tool in his life except the one between his legs. Only call them because the SM made me........again just for documentation.

I'll throw a PCM and wave good bye to the POS and be done with it.

And thank God they saw it fit to never put a diesel in an E van again.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is an 03, but still in by the warr start date, I guess it sat on the lot a long time.

We get screwed over pretty good. You can m time some of it, but never get what you have in it. I did have one back in 04 they were gonna get into a buy back situation, told the SM to pay me the difference what warr would not pay and I'd fix it. Had to drive that POS 175 miles to get it to act up, 2 hours later it was fixed. Of course three weeks later they come out with a TSB for the proberm lol, prolly from my find no less.

Glad I dont get all the NVH and electrical stuff, would have to quit again lol.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi Richter

You replied to my post on my 2007 freestyle and appreciate your help ,the IAC motor must be on the throttle body and only comes like that .One dealership wanted 860 to put it on and reset the cp and another one only wanted 510 for the same work .I havent done anything yet .The car is still surging when it is put in gear whether forward or reverse ,do you know if there is anything run by vacuum on the trans?Anyway I appreciate your opinion and am glad some guys like you are still available !!!MY Uncle was a service tech for Ford until the 80s ,he doesnt have all the high tech stuff needed now a days .Thanks Nick

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
You would think they would take senior techs and promote them to tech guys, pay them good and this would prolly cut down on diagnosis time.

I feel bad for you guys working flat rate, you make on some but you really get screwed on others.

Bill

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
"billandlori"
There's only one guy on the "tech line" who is under 45 and he's 36.
They have ALL been through the gamitt of installing THEIR product line of performance parts on vehicles.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
"billandlori"
There's only one guy on the "tech line" who is under 45 and he's 36.
They have ALL been through the gamitt of installing THEIR product line of performance parts on vehicles.
I see, thanks for clearing that up:). I know that they are great for the SVO (or what ever its called now) but does that apply to the dealer issues?

From what Jon said, they didn't help much. I know from calling other companies like Hooker and others that the tech help sucks. I hope Ford helps their own people better.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I see, thanks for clearing that up:). I know that they are great for the SVO (or what ever its called now) but does that apply to the dealer issues?

From what Jon said, they didn't help much. I know from calling other companies like Hooker and others that the tech help sucks. I hope Ford helps their own people better.

Bill
They didn't help me much when my 02 Lightning blew two spark plugs out , and there where four trucks there with the same problem. 4 threads is all that is in the head. 03 up has 3/4 inch of threads. :mad:

Hell they wouldn't stay in a 4.6 n/a how the hell did they think it would hold in a blown application ? :confused:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
The "tech line" is for "Ford Racing Performance Parts" and has NOTHING at all to do with any new or used vehicle opperations at "Ford Motor Company" other than installation "snaffus" of THEIR parts on existing vehicles, unless it is one of their KIT race cars.

EDIT: That would be like calling Roush Performance, Steeda or Shelby American and expecting to get information about a normal factory ford vehicle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts