460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why isnt Ford involved in NHRA Pro Stock? Im getting tired of just seeing GM and a few Dodges. It seems like Ford only cares about SBF or the Mod. motors. NHRA should be talking to them just so they can get more makes out there but it seems they dont care either.

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
FORD IN PROSTOCK

Ford is in Prostock they just put a chrysler stamp on the parts so Mopar can run the Boss stuff. you know they can't run and compete with their own parts so they have to steal other parts to make those damn bandaids to run.

Randy

·
Registered
169 Posts
Prostock

Fords make up for it in IHRA, anyways would the annoucers even acknowledge a Ford in NHRA, maybe if a girl was driving it but I doubt it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So why do you guys think that NHRA and Ford dont get along? I feel the more people would be into Pro Stock if they had different makes in the field.

D

·
0 Posts
Chuck Stevens said:
Cuningham is the only one I know of and he dosen't seem to have enough power to make the field. I wish he did.
My neighbor is Working for Cuningham and he tells me the are trying to develope a compeditive 500cid ford combo on their own! They just built a complete engine shop with all the goodies. Apparnetly the "IHRA" guys are not interested in helping them out? But I have also heard rummors that Yates? is going to field 2 cars in 2007 or 2008? With Ford Backing?

·
Registered
236 Posts
........somewhere in my travels I heard that Jack Roush was coming back to his roots,,,
.....coming back to dragracing and will field a drag team soon! :shock: :shock: :p

I didn't hear if it would go NHRA, IHRA, or even NMRA !!!

EITHER WAY, THAT WOULD BE WAY COOL!!

StickBBF :)

·
Registered
898 Posts
Pro Stock

You might see something, but that's been said before. Jim Cunningham lives near me. I've known him for a long time. He is a real nice fellow and owns Capitol Raceway.

The Roush rumor has been around for some time. Yates, Robert or Jim would be a suprise.

The E-460 and A500 block need updating and Ford will not fund it. You might see a B-441B Hemi if Ford will sign off with NHRA on a part number.

Under the current configuration you will need 1400 Hp to be competitive.

The newest NHRA Pro Stock rumor is 600 CI with stock appearing cars and spec cylinder heads like NEXTEL cup.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I think one reason Ford isn't into NHRA ProStock is because they blow their annual drag race marketing budget on John Force's operations. He says "Ford" everytime he opens his mouth near a microphone and it pays bills to beat hell.

·
8,522 Posts
Maverick said:
I think one reason Ford isn't into NHRA ProStock is because they blow their annual drag race marketing budget on John Force's operations. He says "Ford" everytime he opens his mouth near a microphone and it pays bills to beat hell.
I think you are right....but if Bob G. had a little of what Force has , things may have been diff. It was all about Bob ..."F" everybody else :!:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did I see Barry Grant NOT make the Gainsville NHRA Pro stock show in a Ford??? I thought I saw him at #17 with a fairly good time just not fast enough.....( along with Kurt Johnson)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts