460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met Rick at Virginia Motorsports Park today for a test & tune. Great weather 60 degrees & sunny. Rick went a 9.71 @ 138 right off the trailer. But the big surprise was his 1/8 mile ET on this run. Previous best was a 6.13 but today he went 5.95 !!! This was naturally aspirated. Pure motor.He has broken the 5 second zone. Watch out Damon cause Rick wants some at the bash!! :lol: VMP was extremely slow running today as usual & we only got 3 runs. We were also helping out one of Rick's customers with his 05 GTO & a friend of mine with a 95 Beretta with a bad *** 386 SBC :shock: Well anyway on the last pass Rick decided to turn on the juice. He went 9.36 @ 143 but with one little technical difficulty. The hood decided it had enough & decided to let go. :lol: It was a sight to be seen. Hopefully we will have footage to post up here soon. Like the old saying, stay tuned & film at 11:00... :D

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
hey Bobby, I thought you'd entered the witness relocation program or something :lol:
I had a BLAST today running the car (pun intended :lol: ) I never dreamed the car would run this good w/o any tuning. Carb is still jetted outta the box and has a 12.2 A/F ratio in high gear and timing hasn't been moved from 34 degrees total. I think there might be some more left in it once the tweaking begins

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts