460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a block sent to Memphis from Columbus, Ohio. As I was doing the research ro determine how to get it shipped to me, I remembered that Paul Kane had mentioned his having using their (Forward Air) services in the past.

I goggled them and determined they had a terminal in Memphis; called them and was informed they could handle the shipment from Columbus. Guys, it cost me less than $100.00 to have the block (4 bolt mains) shipped to me and I received it in ONE day. Needless to say, I was EXTREMELY impressed with the price and the service.

I do not routinely make it a habit of recommending any business but I gladly endorse this company. If you are shipping any heavy parts, you might want to check out Forward Air.

BT

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I've had excellent service from them too. Highly recommended.
As long as you are able to bring your crate to their dock, and the
guy on the other end can pick up from their dock, it's by far the
cheapest way to ship heavy items.
JB

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I've found standard truck freight to be just as cheap or cheaper, and I don't have to drive two hours round trip to drop off the crate.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
It makes sense that one must live near their depot, I guess I am lucky.
In the western half of the US their depots are less plentiful.
JB

·
Registered
562 Posts
BT,
glad to see you recieved the block so fast. I hope it was everything you expected. as for forward air... great to work with on this end also.

wayne

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess there REALLY are some advantages to living in certain cities - - especially as it pertains to shipping "stuff."

Wayne, I left a note on your ad at the Auction Block. It was a pleasure speaking with you and doing business with you. I was VERY impressed with your packaging of the block. It will probably be a couple of months before I put the 545 together but I am sure the block will be fine for my needs. Again, THANKS.

BT

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I've used them to ship a complete Dana 60 frontend and some misc parts, and was very impressed. Their terminal is about 1/2hr from my house, they helped me load the pallet into their shipping container and had me out of there in less then 15min.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts