460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Buy it.. hold on to it for a few months till I'm ready for another Coupe project and sell it to me for 300.. Ok? Sounds like a plan.

·
Registered
928 Posts
dang why can't I ever seem to stumble on those types of deals. Been debating building something new but heck the only mustangs I have found they guys still think that the non running fox bodies with rust are worth as much as a 64-1/2 (actually had one tell me that his price was cheap cause he has seen 40 yr old mustangs bring much much more. just laughed as I walked away.)
Not a bad looking project care though.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Have some Balls, don't let her push you around. Buy it for three, sell it for nine don't tell her and give her a honey shes happy and your up five! Yes Baby I'll get off the computer got go now good luck. :lol:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Buy it for 300, clean it up real good, and sell it for a grand..Hand her the 700 bucks and say here "That 10 hours of work made you 700 bucks" That way she wont have any thing to say next time you bring another car home..

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uf63 said:
Have some Balls, don't let her push you around. Buy it for three, sell it for nine don't tell her and give her a honey shes happy and your up five! Yes Baby I'll get off the computer got go now good luck. :lol:
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
I did mention I have 5 cars now right?
Trust me she's cool with it.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Never Ever tell'm what you made on a deal!!! Then it will be where is my 90%. I lose alot of money make a lot of bad deals :wink:

·
Registered
823 Posts
I was never a fan of new cars. It would make a nice winter beater, not as nice as a cheapy F-150/F-250 for a winter beater though. I bet a my old Falcon got better MPG than those Mustangs.

What do you mean I don't like Mustangs? I love Falcons! :D

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
TorinoStyle2 said:
Only 5??
Try 17 :shock:
I'll have to take my video camera to my friends house. He's only got like 34 cars :shock: :shock: Or maybe it's 37 .. Some of which include a 69 Boss 429 with 28,000 miles on it... And my personal favorite, a '62 Starliner that he put a dual quad 427 medium riser in... He has a Mustang for every yearit was produced up to '86. Including numerous Shelby's... Heck, he even has an all original Model-A that runs like a champ...
Like I said, I'll see if I can get some video...

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
ThndrChkn said:
TorinoStyle2 said:
Only 5??
Try 17 :shock:
I'll have to take my video camera to my friends house. He's only got like 34 cars :shock: :shock: Or maybe it's 37 .. Some of which include a 69 Boss 429 with 28,000 miles on it... And my personal favorite, a '62 Starliner that he put a dual quad 427 medium riser in... He has a Mustang for every yearit was produced up to '86. Including numerous Shelby's... Heck, he even has an all original Model-A that runs like a champ...
Like I said, I'll see if I can get some video...

Doug... 8)
A 62 Starliner....? Never happen unless he owns one of 2 "Starlifts" built by Ford, one ran at Atlanta for one race only and then it was outlawed by NASCAR. Then FoMoCo used it to test the X-bolted mains in a couple of 483" FEs. Car ran at Bonneville and set a bunch of records. No one seems to know what happen to the 2 Starlift Galaxies, probablly sent to the crusher when Ford was done with them. Sure its not a 60 or a 61 Starliner?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
RJP said:
A 62 Starliner....? Never happen unless he owns one of 2 "Starlifts" built by Ford, one ran at Atlanta for one race only and then it was outlawed by NASCAR.
thats why they call it nascar
national
association to
support
chevrolet
automobile
racing
:lol:

·
Registered
232 Posts
The 89 that I drove to high school got something like mid twenties mpg. Hard to know what you could get out of it though. I bought mine for three hundred beans also. A young lady broke down in front of my parents house on a major highway. She couldn't afford to fix it, so I offered her cash and it was mine. Turned out it ran low on tranny fluid and smoked the input shaft bearing. Anywhoo, total investment- $350 or so. Had 120,000 when I got it. Piss pounded that poor car for another 80 thou or so. Changed the oil every three and got second gear rubber a couple times a day. When I eventually bought a truck I parked the mustang. Forgot that it had no antifreeze after I had to put a water pump on it at 190 or so. Froze solid as a rock the next winter. Wheeled it inside and gave er' some green stuff. Fast forward three years. Drunk driver pulls out in front of me and my truck is junk. In need of a driver, I threw a battery in the mustang and she fired right up, three year old gas and all. ran like a top for a few weeks until my truck was fixed. The sonnavabitch still had zero blowby after over 2hundred k and countless beatings. I have so many stories about that thing. Had the rotors glowing orange once. Beaters are neater, that is for sure.

-Jared

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
yep mid-twenties for the fuel injected ones, but you can get low thirties out of the carbed ones with a stick. i miss my 1980 fiesta- 35 mpg in town, would start in any weather and would squalk the tires in the first 2 gears easily, 3rd if you tried. if i hadnt lent it to my friend when her tranny croaked id still have it.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
never..

You can never have too many cars. Just neighbors that are too close. :lol: :lol:
It may be time for a life change.

Sell your house, move to the county, and live in a single wide so you have enough room and money to play with cars.
If your wife is as crazy as mine, she'll let you do it. But you have to promise to eventually build a real house. :roll:

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: never..

cletus66 said:
You can never have too many cars. Just neighbors that are too close. :lol: :lol:
It may be time for a life change.

Sell your house, move to the county, and live in a single wide so you have enough room and money to play with cars.
If your wife is as crazy as mine, she'll let you do it. But you have to promise to eventually build a real house. :roll:
That may be the best post I've ever read.
I'm glad my wife can't read minds because you've stumbled onto my plan.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts