460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The factory round glass headlights are heavy, I cant stand the fake decals so I did some looking and found these................

They are the fog lamps off of the new style mustangs, Ford part # 9R3Z-15200-B.

I worked a deal with the parts guy and got all 4 for feee moe or less. They list for around 59 bucks if I recall. They are a tad bigger than the factory lights at 6 1/2" dia, but save nearly 1.5#'s.

These have the bulbs in them, one could get the pigtail and make them functional.

·
Registered
902 Posts
As I recall, they made plastic replacement headlights in both square and round, gotem at the Napa store.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Interesting discovery there Jon. How much bigger diameter is the new fog light vs the factory glass bulb?

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
new lights are 6 1/2", dont rememberhow much bigger over the others they are, I opted to not use any of the trim rings due to the weight, but I think with some fiddling they will go in and give an even more factory appearance.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don`t know if they ever made them in the round styles, but my Fairmont and 85 Mustang both use the rectangular headlights (2 lights on the Fairmont, 4 on the Mustang). On both cars I replaced the heavy glass headlights with plastic Sylvania brand lights. They look just like a glass headlight, but weigh next to nothing. I think that they are still available new, but being cheap, I found all mine at the local "Pick A Part" for $2.00 each.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Jon, Those look really good in the ole Tang. I love the clear appearance. I'm going too search for some for the loe Mav.
Great idea:cool: RICK

·
Registered
93 Posts
Jon, those look great, but how do they work with your Powerglide setup? Anxious to hear about your first run with the PG. Our car is still in the chassis shop - will have to run the C6 this year.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tranny is about together, just need to get it in and I'm ready.

It wont be an a-b test, I did regear the car to work with the 1/8 as it looks like all we are gonna be doing this year.

This with a few other changes I feel 5.80's will be no problem

1 - 12 of 12 Posts