460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the cable in the fire system tonight and found out why the cable wouldn't release. The cable housing goes through the head of the extinguisher and the cable is supposed to slide through the housing. A set screw also goes in the head to hold the housing tight while the cable will still move. We had the set screw tightened on the cable instead of the cable housing. This should have been checked when installed but I guess it was overlooked. A tip for everyone, put your pin in the head to disarm the system and see if your pull cable will still work.

I also installed a manual extinguisher behind the driver's seat just in case something like this ever happens again. Thanks again for everyone's help, I just wanted to let you know what caused the system to not activate.

Here is the bracket system that I installed on my car for the new extinguisher. This is one of the most trick pieces I have put on the car. It has a quick release pin that pulls it from the mount. I have these in stock by the way.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Thats some good info. I'm glad you could find the cause of the malfunction. Its scary whe you have no idea what caused the issue.

Nice detective work!!

Good luck getting her back in action soon!!

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts