460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no experience with these but am told that the clutch release uses a cable instead of a Z bar and rod assembly. A hydraulic is not allowed in the class I want to run and the factory Z bar set up takes a lot of extra room with the C heads in the stock chassis. If I could convert to a pull type of cable I could gain a lot of room and also loose some much needed weight. Does anyone have a stock cable setup they would like to part with?? as well as a release arm and bellhousing attaching clip?? I am sure that what ever I get I will need to modify.

For those who don't know what I am working on, It's a 62 Galaxie with a 557 / c heads and a Lenco 5 speed. I have the engine and trans down in the car , and am looking at getting everything faabricated such as crossmembers, drive shaft loops, clutch linkage, and headers. Gettting rid of the Z bar would leave some more room for the headers as well.

Thanks Travis

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Travis,

The Fox Body cars do use a clutch cable,i'll ask my buddy's if they have anything laying around.I'll try to get back with you Wednesday and let you know,Later Mark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts