460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay we are going to paint the 1990 Mustang that has lived it's life in gray primer... what color looks the best on a fox body?

I was thinking metallic bright yellow or a darker Blue
I like red but there are so many red Mustangs out there.....

It's a coupe if it matters

PHoto's will help :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how bad will any body work flaws show in dark blue do you think, the body will be done good as I can but sometimes thigs will be missed or just those dam waves...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here some colors to look at this is where I get my paint at the daytona blue metallic is what I painted my 69f100 and they have good prices and the paint sprays good and shines good and I am not a painter been alittle over a year and it still shines and it sits out in the open.
http://www.tcpglobal.com/restorationshop/
I don't need to buy any paint I was helping a someone at the track with there car and also fixed there computer turns out he has his own body shop and he's going to hook me up with come color and spray it at his shop :)

Sometimes a good deed comes around :)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
That grabber orange clearcoat they have on the 2009 Ranger.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
how bad will any body work flaws show in dark blue do you think, the body will be done good as I can but sometimes thigs will be missed or just those dam waves...
dont do the dark blue then, haha......or black. unless its flat black. you should go silver, some gun metals, grabber orange, or that 70s light blue used on mach 1 stangs. you need something opaque with not a lot of depth to it.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Paint it like Buno's ..he's got one of the best looking notch's around;)Or you can always go Peacock Blue with a White top:D:D

·
Registered
631 Posts
Black would be one of the worst colors if the body work isn't right undernearth. Metallic paints will often make bad body work show.White will hide almost anything.
Gary

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Paint it like Buno's ..he's got one of the best looking notch's around;)Or you can always go Peacock Blue with a White top:D:D
no no no Peacock blue LOL I do like Bruno's car but there is only one Bruno ;)

do you think this yellow would look good and hide any little body issues? and here is a photo of mine last week.
I like the bright colors if I can't get the hood to look good we might do it flat black :(

by the way that yellow street Mustang ran a 9.9 at about 140 big time sleeper

Attachments

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I like the yellow Dan ,and it'll hide some imperfections too;)I think some flat on the hood would be good too. I think some kind of stripe like a 69 Mach1 hood would look good;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my head is spinning now so many choices.... also there is only one Peacock Blue car allowed here LOL

I don't know if it the beer or the bondo fumes :)

Now the body work won't be that bad it just won't be a show car.

maybe I should paint it black on the bottom and white on the top to match the track I'll be in stelth mode :) ok back to work I have to go

1 - 20 of 35 Posts