460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using a Spectre "728" style ram air setup on my 460 fox. I want to cover the fog light holes with mesh and run the tubes to that but I was told having longer tubes would hurt performance and that I should just run them to the fender wells instead.

I would REALLY like to go the fog light hole route but if it will significantly (i'm talkin' 20HP or more) damage my power I will not. What do you guys think? this is not the "sold air intake" style where I would be mounting the filter way down there and then having tubes to a carb hat. It is just like the old school Ram Air with a 14" round filter in the air cleaner setup.

·
Registered
373 Posts
i don't THINK it would hurt hp that much. just run a 4 eye front clip and pull the inside lights out lol. (thats what i would do hehe)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't THINK it would hurt hp that much. just run a 4 eye front clip and pull the inside lights out lol. (thats what i would do hehe)
Not a fan of the "four eye" front end myself. Although if ti was a 4-eye, that is exactly what I would do!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I don't see how it would hurt performance that much. In and of itself, I think the extra length of tubing will make no measurable difference. The possible difference will be at higher speeds...which is the only place ram air works.

If it'd make you feel better, you could check out the two locations with a manometer. See which location has higher pressure at a given mph. That location should give you more hp.

Have a good day!
Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts