460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I was wondering what you guys have seen for light Fox's? Nothing EXTREME like a tube chassis or anything, just a gutted car.

I have a 1982 Capri and I am just curious as to what it weighs. It is completely gutted except for the dash but I have removed all of the Heat/AC stuff from behind the dash. all other interior is gone including the sound deadener junk under the carpet. It has a single, Hunsaker plastic racing seat, fiberglass hood (1"~ Mach1 style) and a "cobra" urethane body kit. Engine is a cast block, cast heads, aluminum intake, hooker full length headers, trans. is a C6.

It will have an 8-point cage and sub frame connectors as well...

·
Registered
385 Posts
my '88 notch is down to 1400 pounds

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my '88 notch is down to 1400 pounds
is that suppose to be 2400 or...? 1400 would FOR SURE go in that "extreme" category that I am trying to avoid!

I would LIKE to try and get it down to about 2500 with no driver... I am taking the bumper supports off as well as the pieces inside the doors. I am also wondering if there is sheet metal inside that can be cut away safely?

·
Registered
385 Posts
sorry I did mean 2400 it will be going lower too. I am in the process of ordering 2 glass doors. on the scales it was 2436 with out me in it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry I did mean 2400 it will be going lower too. I am in the process of ordering 2 glass doors. on the scales it was 2436 with out me in it.
What all have you done if you don't mind me asking? As of right now I am looking for "free" or cheap weight reduction so no fiberglass panels yet.

·
Registered
385 Posts
removed door braces any un necessory brackets
glass hood, trunk, stripped interior, aluminum dash
10 point cage. lexan all round tube k member

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
removed door braces any un necessory brackets
glass hood, trunk, stripped interior, aluminum dash
10 point cage. lexan all round tube k member
Any Idea how much the aluminum dash saved you? I was thinking about building one but I didn't think it would be "cost effective" compared to other things...

·
Registered
385 Posts
lol I just kept removing stuff till I ran out of un necessary things. didn't weigh till it was running again. all thats left to do is the doors in glass

·
Registered
385 Posts
lol I just kept removing stuff till I ran out of un necessary things. didn't weigh till it was running again. all thats left to do is the doors in glass

1 - 9 of 9 Posts