460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:oops: Is it okay to take the wish bone brace out to fit the headers on the car. Also do you guys drop the motor and trans together and if so how do you change it later without pulling the motor. (C6 by the way not a PG) Do you set the motor and trans in place and drill holes in the fire wall so you can pull the bolts? Pics and info would be great ! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
What is the wish bone brace?Install the engine and transmission together you'll thank yourself later.I took my C-4 out last year and if i have to do it again it would be easier to pull motor and trans together.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It fits under the stock K-member and bolts to the lower a-arm area. when I took this brace out the headers fit on the driver side. The brace has 2 bolts in center of the k-member and one bolt on each a-arm box. I gave it this name because I don't know what it is :shock: .

·
Registered
436 Posts
My 78 Fairmont had the brace but if I'm not mistaken Ford left it off the later Fox bodied cars. I removed it from mine too. Ken.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the sway bar and the other brace ( i call the wish bone) off of my 80 coupe . I think it will be fine and so I pulled the torch out and cut a little more off and out of the K-Meamber :shock: . Headers fit fine now :wink: I am fitting the trans mount sould have it all finished tomorrow. I just hope the pan will fit better than all the rest :D .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts