460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appears to be made by UPR, looks identical to the one shown on UPR's website. It's anodized black and has all studs and nuts. Excellent shape.

$35 shipped in the 48 states. I do take Paypal.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Phantasea466 said:
I replaced the Master Cylinder on my race car, part number for a 79 Mustang, and it came with Two rods........

I would sell you one CHEAP but since I'm an honest person I'll tell you that you can get a rebuilt MS from autozone WITH the two rods for $20 or less :wink:
Damon, do you use 4 wheel discs with this M/C?

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
JR545 said:
Phantasea466 said:
I replaced the Master Cylinder on my race car, part number for a 79 Mustang, and it came with Two rods........

I would sell you one CHEAP but since I'm an honest person I'll tell you that you can get a rebuilt MS from autozone WITH the two rods for $20 or less :wink:
Damon, do you use 4 wheel discs with this M/C?
Nope,

Front are stock discs and rear are drums for a 9" rear.

IF/When I go faster in the future then I'll have to upgrade to aftermarket discs on all four corners. Stopping is becoming a problem :wink:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Phantasea466 said:
Nope,

Front are stock discs and rear are drums for a 9" rear.

IF/When I go faster in the future then I'll have to upgrade to aftermarket discs on all four corners. Stopping is becoming a problem :wink:
Damon, the Aerospace 4whl disc parts were the best parts I ever put on mine(other than the BBF :lol: )

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
for the complete setup, frt and rear as well as a line-lock and the manual brake conversion, I think around $1100. Kinda pricey but since my car was a 4-banger, wasn't but like a $200 difference over the cost of new rotors, bearings, pads, calipers, etc..... again, well worth it.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problem with the hijack. It'll sell eventually I guess.

Damon, for the cheap stopping power you might want to try some 94 spindles with some 99+ brakes on them. That's what I got on mine. haven't tried them yet..... Maybe if someone bought my booster delete plate I could try them out........

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
jbozzelle said:
No problem with the hijack. It'll sell eventually I guess.

Damon, for the cheap stopping power you might want to try some 94 spindles with some 99+ brakes on them. That's what I got on mine. haven't tried them yet..... Maybe if someone bought my booster delete plate I could try them out........
So I would need to get some 94 spindles plus the brake caliper, discs etc.......

another winter project :wink: Depending on available funds I'd like to get some tubular A-arms. Hell may as well get all tubed front components :p

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I snagged the 94 spindles, and 99 calipers, brackets and rotors for $50 at the local u-pull-it. The caliper bracket rubs the back of my Convo Pro wheel a little. People have told me to just grind it down or off. I haven't gotten around to fooling with it anymore. It doesn't rub alot, just enough to scrape the aluminum.

The brakes are about 1 or so inches bigger than the stock 87 brakes. The calipers are 2 piston versus a 1 piston on the 87's, plus the rotor is seperate from the hub. Cross drilled rotors are pretty cheap. Everybody says it's the best front brakes short of the 13" Cobra brakes.

I'm still looking for some 95ish Explorer rear discs. Those will bolt to my big Ford 9" housing end too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts