460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting on a set of QA1 coil over front struts. The instructions say to use the factory bump stop from the old strut. I in my infinite wisdom hauled away all the old stuff already. I would not have used the old ones but I at least would have known what they looked like. I think I have found what I need. Please see the link below. Does anybody know if this is actually what I'm looking for?? Anybody have any better suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance for your experience.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=4.6103&PARTNER=gbasesecname&Sec=122295

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
hm, scharf i am racking my brains (dont laugh) but i cannot think of bump stops on my coil overs anywhere. i think they may be part of the stock upper mounts but if you use aftermarket caster camber plate units they are deep sixed....bobn

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bobn!!

I do have the UPR caster camber plates as weel but the QA1 strut instructions say to put the bump stop on. What is on top of the strut that holds the coil spring on are 2 pieces of machined billet aluminium. I don't think that just sticks up in the strut tower and bolts on. I'm pretty sure the top aluminium piece on the strut will get reuined. I'll put all the pieces together and check it out though. Thanks for the reply!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts