460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in need of a reasonably priced radiator for a 1993 Foxbody. I was looking at the Griffin 2 core radiator for a manual trans for about $275. Does anybody have any experience with this unit? Or can you recomend one that is cheaper that can cool about 750+ HP? I'll be running dual puller 13 1/2 inch electric fans on it as well (4600 cfm). Let me know what you guys think. I need to get this ordered. Thanks in advance!

Here is a link to what I was looking at:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRI-8-00165/

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure that a 2 core will meet your needs.
That is kind of what I was thinking but I can't find anything else out there that are much different. Some are way more expensive but as far as dimensions and # of cores go they appear to be the same. This thing will see very limited street use (cruise nights, racing will be done at the track) so I wanted to make sure that I could get something that will be able to cool these 521 cubic inches.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I don't think you will have an issue with that radiator. I ran one of the summit rads in my Torino, it was around a 650hp 514 with a moroso electric water pump drive, and that car never went above 180deg. It was a bracket car, with the very occasional car cruise/show.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think you will have an issue with that radiator. I ran one of the summit rads in my Torino, it was around a 650hp 514 with a moroso electric water pump drive, and that car never went above 180deg. It was a bracket car, with the very occasional car cruise/show.
Was the Summit radiator a 2 core as well?

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Almsot all good quality aluminum units are 2 core usually with 3/4"-1" cores, if it won't cool with 2 1"cores you have other issues.

Some companies do make 3 cores but your looking at $500+ and you shouldn't need it.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Was the Summit radiator a 2 core as well?
I'm using the Howe Circle Track Radiator Part# HRE-342EF $205.95 from Summit Racing in my 89 Mustang with a 466 BBF.I had to do a lot of trimming and make radiator brackets but it works fine.I drive my car on the street all the time and it runs 180 to 195 degrees depending on outside temperature.I'm also using a 15" waterpump driver mechanical fan.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Championradiators.com part number mc138. Polished tanks, 60 day money back no questions return policy. They list it for $279.98. My cousin owns a shop near then so I got it a bit cheaper. I have not installed it yet, but it looks NICE. I can post pictures of it later if you'd like? Its a 4 core

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Championradiators.com part number mc138. Polished tanks, 60 day money back no questions return policy. They list it for $279.98. My cousin owns a shop near then so I got it a bit cheaper. I have not installed it yet, but it looks NICE. I can post pictures of it later if you'd like? Its a 4 core
Yes.. Post a pic plesae. I'd like to see it. How wide is it being a 4 core and all?

Do you happen to have all the dimensions on it now that I think about it?

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you don't mind, could you order it from my cousin's shop, he's a vendor of theirs? His name is Brett his shops number is 951-245-2121. I don't know what his price is for the radiator, but it won't be any higher. Just thought I could throw it out there so you could put money in "someone's" pocket "that you know" rather than a complete stranger...Give him a call. Thanks a lot.

Jeff Given

1 - 20 of 23 Posts