460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a c6 built by frank merkyl for sale. it only has about 20 miles on it. i have the reciept and build sheet. it also has a transbrake and is reverse manual valvebody. it is too long for my application. cost new was $2200 plus shipping. will sell for $1300, also has a deep pan with port for trans temp gauge. located in mt airy nc.

will consider trades for a built powerglide with a bbf bellhousing.
thanks
eric

NOW ONLY $1300!!! NEW LOWER PRICE....

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
I'm assuming it has the bolt-up tail for the adapter/transfer case combo, or does it have a 2wd tailshaft? Also , is it a ribbed-case or no?

You should really stop posting things I'm interested in and looking to buy :)

-Matt

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
frank your exactly right. i bought it from steve fretz on here. you built it for him for the 79 ranchero he had. i have the build sheet. it is an awesome trans i dont think he even used it for 1 mile. the car was efi and there was some problems that i got worked out and i actually had the car dynoed on a chassis dyno and that is where all the miles came from about 13 miles from the dyno to be exact!:D

but it is a 2wd with a long tailshaft. i think it measures out about 36 or so inches and i need it to be around 29. it is a sweet trans id use it if i could get it shortened down. it is also rollerized from the build sheet.

frank the build sheet says non ribbed c6 385 #803, you may still have it on file. feb 15, 2008 invoice number 126676.
thanks
eric

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Seems to me my reading on C6's said that you could just swap the tailshaft and the out put shaft. Not a really big deal. Frank will prob chime in on that.

dkp

·
Registered
148 Posts
powerglide

i have a powerglide i will trade for your c-6...it has the adapter bell housing and all...im currently running it behind my 545bbf..this has turned into a street car so i would rather a 3 speed..when i first put the car together i meant for it to be a race car so i went with a glide but i very seldom race it so i want a c-6 back..the trans has just been freshened by bakers trans and prob hav less than 20 miles on it...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
84mustang, any pics? i will swap with you. i can get you a pic of the trans. i also have the build sheet from frank merkyl. i guess the only problem would be shipping? you coming to nc anytime soon?:D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts