460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On startup of my new engine I have a water leak on the freeze plug on the back passenger side of the block. What would be the best way to get this freeze plug out,knock hole in it, and dig it out with a srew driver or what. I measured the freeze plug and it looks like one inch and three-eighths or inch an a half. Does any one know what size it is.

·
Registered
147 Posts
They are 1 1/2",I usually tap the inside of the cup with a punch and hammer to tip it out,if it goes into the block,grab the lip with a channel lock pliers and pry it out.Your local Ford dealer should have a nice stainless replacement that seals with an O-ring from a Taurus recall.they are expensive ,but they don't leak and they just slide in and you tighten up a bolt in the middle of the plug. Hope this helps ,,,,,,,,,,,,Gregg

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
luck

Phil i hope you have better luck than had i just left the ford dealer and they wanted $32.00 a plug and they come in a pk of two 64 smackers i didnt get them i left iam going to have to think about this one thats a lot of money ill probably go back sometime today and get them to order it

·
Registered
405 Posts
Geezzz .. Are you sure its going to be $64 I've never heard of them pricing something singularly when they come in a pack of 2?? :?:
Don't make sence to me.. but dealers do stuped things..
tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts