460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a freshly rebuilt 460 for sale. It is located near Dallas Ft.worth. The block is a d9 that has been bored .030 with new pistons (Hyp), rings and bearings. Stock crank and Rods. The heads are d3's and are basically rebuilt to stock. It has 10 to 1 compression ratio. fresh valves and springs. I have the lifters, push rods and rockers also. This is a long block but still needs the intake, carb, dist, front timing chain cover and water pump and pullies. I don't know what cam it is but the guy I got it from said it was a rv cam with around .540 lift. I think it is a comp or a crane? This is not supposed to be a performance motor but a strong rebuild replacement motor. Port the d3 heads and make some decent torque. The guy I bought it from was a lexus mechanic and had all the machine work done then assembled it himself. I am a Mechanic myself and inspected everything and it looks great.

The trans is a fresh rebuild with a performance shifter kit installed. Has a new 2000 stall converter with it. That is all I really know of the trans. All this stuff is clean and ready to be finished. I was going to install this in a 55 f-100 rat rod truck then decided to spend more money on the Comet.

Asking $600 for the motor and $300 for the transmission. or $750 for both.

The motor and trans is actually in a barn in Canton TX, about 90 miles from my house. If you are serious about purchasing it, I can meet you there or give me a week and I can bring it back to my house in DFW.

Nice stuff for a replacement truck motor or a mild street rod. Just needs to be put together and the trans mounted to it.

I can deliver for a small fee and/or meet somewhere if need be.

Any ?"s email or PM me.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also have

Also have a 1955 f-100 in good condition. 1200.00 for truck or $1800.00 for the whole project. Truck, motor, and trans that is.
Tim

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had previously said.....

I had previously said the truck was a 56 model. I meant 1955. Sorry.
Tim

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So many people.

Ok, I have received alot of inquiries about the motor and trans. I will reply to all the PM's and questions as soon as I can. I am currently waiting for a gentleman to contact me on monday who wants the motor and trans. If that falls through then I will contact the rest of you who want to separate the block and the rotating assembly and transmission.
Any more ?'s PM me or call me.
Thanks,
Tim
817-988-9956

1 - 16 of 16 Posts