460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished spraying it this morning. I hung the fenders on it and set the hood on so I could take some photos. There is still alot of work left but at least there is finally some progress. It's not perfect but it's better then spending $5000. I only have one tiny run.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I'm sure it looks just great. 8) I'm working on a 10 year old Maaco paint job on the Fairlane, and it looks great at 65mph. Paint and body is way over-rated. What good is a $5000 paint job if you're afraid to drive it around town? I'd rather see a little rust, runs, imperfections, and someone with a big smile on their face when they drive up to a cruise night, or smoking someone on a track only car. 8)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, they are powder coated. Thanks for the comliments guys. I wasn't sure how the blacked out thing would turn out but it turned out pretty good. It looks really sweet at night.

·
Registered
115 Posts
can anyone say mad max interceptor... cause looks just as bloody tough... well done!

with your paint did you do it in 2pack? did u paint it in your shed or a booth??
only asking cause im probobly looking at painting mine myself now. as someone mentioned earlier whats a 5k paint job if its gunna get used on the street and cop a flogging.

again well done

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys!!! It was painted in my garage. It has some dust in it but it will wet sand out.I can't take the credit for how good it looks. All the credit should go to PPG. I used there Shopline brand of paint and that stuff is awesome. Urathane paint is great stuff. You just lay it on really wet and it blends in perfect. The run that I said I had was not there the next day after the paint was done flashing. Anyone considering painting there's should check into PPG's Shopline. When you first lay it down you will have a little bit of orange peel but you can actually watch it dry and smooth itself out. All the sanding is the hard part!!!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Your car looks awesome and with that hair dryer hanging on the front ..11's should be no problem !!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
56tbird said:
Your car looks awesome and with that hair dryer hanging on the front ..11's should be no problem !!
It doesn't have any stickers so how fast can it be? Plus, it's quite and doesn't have chrome wheels. It also idles smoothly like a stocker so it must be slow. :twisted:

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm a big fan of the black 4eyed cars myself. I had thought of doing the black wheels about 8 years ago when I bought my prostars,but talked myself out of it.

Are those 4 lug axles in the rear?

Looks wicked none the less!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It does have 4 lug in the rear. They were there when I bought the roller. They are the big studs though with strange axles. When I do the 25.5 chassis next year, I'll upgrade to beadlock wheels and a narrowed 9 inch with 5 lug 40 splines. Maybe sooner if I break one.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts