460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1979 bronco that i just swapped a 460 into with the 2wd trans that i rebuilt to 4wd with a 79 f150 output shaft and adapter i have an np205t-case that originally came off my t-18 manual transmission. My problem is my front driveshaft double cardan joint hits my transmission where the pan meets the case is there another adapter for this transmission or can i cut some material off the transmission and pan to clear it

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the same problem.
I wanted to keep my CV joint, but put it at the axle end.
The shaft is pretty short and with the 6" lift I don't like the angle it's at.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
that cv shaft can't take much for angle (even though everyone says they can) I went through 4 of them before I figured it out. A 1410 series shaft will take the angle much better then the cv will. You're front shaft isn't any shorter then what mine was, I had a 6" lift with the NP435 which made it shorter then one with a C6, still worked great.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I want to say my driveshaft is about 22"s and I have the short 6" adapter. I had to cut into the crossmember to clear the shaft before I knew it'd hit the transmission.

I have 1330 yokes and u joints.

I'll go with 1410s if I can't make something else work, but where would you get a 1410 yoke for the t-case?

·
Registered
33 Posts
you could always go with the 1350 series stuff, the only difference between it and the 1410 series is the 1410 is wider and heavier. I run all 1350 series with 800 hp and 250 shot nos with 44s and have never broken a joint yet. Of course u need to buy high quality stuff. spicer, or neapco.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I would have to see if I can find the part number we used, but any good driveshaft shop should be able to get it pretty easy. If they can't they're not worth dealing with LOL

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
from the front output of the t case to my front axle pinion i have 28 inches so i believe i need a shaft that is 30 to 31 inches fully extended

1 - 9 of 9 Posts