460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and need some help with a project i'm working on. I have been reading your posts for some time and decided to sign up. I have a 64 Cyclone that I'm putting a Motorsports 460 500 HP 500 FPT with a PA C4 reverse manuel with trans brake. I have already installed a Rod and Custom coil over front end and a Art Morrison coil over ladder bar rear. I was thinking about putting in a motor plate in the front of the motor for beter header clearence. I would like to see a couple of pictures of someones motor plate installed so i could see how the alternator is mounted and what mounts you would use. I want this install to look professsional and hold up to a little abuse. Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
alternator

I bought my car without the motor but it came with a front motor plate. I had to work my way throught the accessories but once I installed the plate everything was fairly easy. I use a one wire GM alternator mounted on the passengers side in front of the plate. I have a spacer between the motor and motor plate with the main bolt threaded into the block to keep the bolt from bending the motor plate. Sorry I don't have any pics but I think once you start bolting things together you'll find its a pretty easy install. Chris

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Mine...

If you end up cutting your own motor plate from scratch; talk to me. I digitized the face of the block when I did my blower drive.

see also:
http://www.racesystems.com/cobra/images/blowermount.jpg

All the hole geometry is there; so if you wanted to do your own trick piece, you could just import the cad vectors and go from there.

Of course, the easier route is to buy a plate close to the right shape and fab it up from there, but I wanted 1/2" thick material and couldn't get it, and I wanted more material above the water pump and couldn't get that either. I had to do the top plate for the blower mount anyway, so why not just do the whole thing myself...

B

1 - 3 of 3 Posts