460 Ford Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, this was a small product/business idea I had that didn't work out. Now, I have these sitting around the house doing me no good. I am selling them at less than half of what they cost me to have made!!!

This includes all the major components needed to build a custom sheetmetal intake manifold for your Big Block Ford with A460 style heads. Sheetmetal intakes are a custom part and every build requires something a little different. Your imagination is the only limitation! It uses the same plenum tops as the Trick Flow A460 Tunnel Ram. Or, you can modify the plenum top that's provided to match your needs.

All parts are machined on a CNC mill, CNC lathe, or CNC laser. I am very proud to say that this entire kit was Made in the USA!

This was a prototype run. Here is what I've learned so far:

1) You'll need to notch the plenum to clear a distributor.

2) Apparently, I lost the bolt bosses for the end bolts on each flange. There should be (4) 45* bosses. You will need to make them yourself with some aluminum tubing and a sawzall, band saw, ect. You will get (10) 22.5* bolt bosses for the middle bolts.

You may come across other issues that will need to be addressed.

Here is a link to my partially assembled intake. You can see that I modified it to work for my application.

http://460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119249&page=4

You may not need all the parts in this kit. Some carb'd applications will omit the bellmouths. You may decide to use the intake flanges and valley pan and build your own runners...use your imagination...this is not a hold & weld kit.

$275 + shipping

If I still have some left after a week or two, I'll drop the price again. I don't want these sitting around the house any longer!

I do not offer assembly and can't suggest anybody. Find a friend with a TIG welder :).

Feel free to call me if you'd like to discuss. 918-760-8450

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Michael,

Just a side note here, but if they run an MSD crank trigger and the matching low profile MSD crank trigger distributor, then they probally will not need to notch the plenum for clearance.

Hope this helps,
Charlie

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Michael,

Just a side note here, but if they run an MSD crank trigger and the matching low profile MSD crank trigger distributor, then they probally will not need to notch the plenum for clearance.

Hope this helps,
Charlie
Charlie,

I called MSD about the height and diameter of the low profile MSD distributor. As the plenum is cut, it will still need to be clearanced a bit.

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will you take 200 plus shipping.thanks blain.
If I still have some left after a week or two, I'll drop the price again. I don't want these sitting around the house any longer!
I will post in this thread when I drop the price. Since posting this ad, I have sold two of them. If the last two kits stick around long enough, I may drop the price that low. I'm betting they'll sell before that though :).

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have one intake kit left. I'll sell it for $250 + shipping (that's $25 lower).

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GFPRACING said:
I WOULD GIVE YOU $250 SHIPPED TO MY DOOR
GFPRACING, after the last PM you sent me, I am not interested in selling anything to you at any price. I don't need your money or want it.

So, please don't waste your time responding to any of my, "For Sale" threads.

Michael

·
Registered
707 Posts
I DELEATED MY MASSAGE ONCE I REALIZE WHO I WAS TALKING TO

I ALready BOUGHT

A A460 TUNNEL

FROM 017stosh

JUST WEIGHTING FOR HIM TO SHIP it

when I FIRST SEEN YOURS add

FOR SOME REASON

I WAS THINking

SOME ONE WAS SELLING 1 THAt

THEY HAD BOUGHT FROM YOU

THAN

I SEEN IT WAS YOU

&

I WOULD NOT want 1

FROM YOU

lf you paid me to take it

I AM NOT SAYING THAT THERE IS ANY THING WROMG

WITH YOUR INTAKE

I have NEVER HAD 1

&

dont know any 1 that has

just dont want to buy from you

good luck

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My last full kit is pending receipt of a M/O. Also, the slightly fubar'd kit is pending receipt of a M/O.

If both of these money orders show up, all my intake kits will be sold.

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everything has been sold!

If one in ten products makes a profit, I should be there any moment now... :).

Have a good day!
Michael

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.