460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to clean out my garage....

The intake was fabricated by Voss Racing Engines in Live Oak, Florida. I obtained this intake in a package deal. I needed the heads but couldn't use the intake due to hood clearance/driver visibility issues. It's been taking up space in my garage for over a year.

There's nothing wrong with the carb, it worked great on our old 514 SCJ setup. It's not a stock dominator, it's been tricked out.

The Eagle 6.8 forged h-beams are brand new. We originally had planned to swap out the 514 shortblock for a 557. So we ordered these rods. It snowballed out of control and we ended up building a completely new engine, a 605 a head motor. So we had no use for these rods.

I'll sell the intake, rods and carb as a package deal for $1500. The intake would probably cost over $1000 to replicate, I think I paid around $600 for the rods and I have no idea what the carb cost.

·
Registered
707 Posts
K.Bingham said:
Trying to clean out my garage....

WHAT IS YOUR VERY BEST DEAL ON YOUR SHEET MEATAL INTAKE

The intake was fabricated by Voss Racing Engines in Live Oak, Florida. I obtained this intake in a package deal. I needed the heads but couldn't use the intake due to hood clearance/driver visibility issues. It's been taking up space in my garage for over a year.

There's nothing wrong with the carb, it worked great on our old 514 SCJ setup. It's not a stock dominator, it's been tricked out.

The Eagle 6.8 forged h-beams are brand new. We originally had planned to swap out the 514 shortblock for a 557. So we ordered these rods. It snowballed out of control and we ended up building a completely new engine, a 605 a head motor. So we had no use for these rods.

I'll sell the intake, rods and carb as a package deal for $1500. The intake would probably cost over $1000 to replicate, I think I paid around $600 for the rods and I have no idea what the carb cost.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
OK folks I learned something new today. :oops: You can buy just the L-19 bolts for $150.00. I don't know why :?: I thought the standard 8740 bolts that came with the rods cost anything at all when you upgrade.

LineCode PartNumber On Hand Catalog Price
EAG 14000 Available $149.99

Eagle Pro Series ARP L-19 Connecting Rod Bolts 14000

L19: This is a premium steel that is processed to deliver superior strength and fatigue properties. L19 is a very high strength material compared to 8740 and ARP2000 and is capable of delivering clamp loads in the 230,000-260,000 psi range. It is primarily used in short track and drag racing applications where inertia loads exceed the clamping capability of ARP2000. Like most high strength, quench and temper steels – L19 requires special care during manufacturing to avoid hydrogen embrittlement. This material is easily contaminated and subject to stress corrosion. It must be kept well-oiled and not exposed to moisture.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts