460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Zex dominator 100-300hp kit for my 545 project, what I want to know is will my Aeromotive A1000 pump with the 13204 2port bypass reg be able to feed both the carb (1150 holley) and the nitrous? I have -10 lines all the way from the tank to the reg, and then -8 to the carb. I want to run a -4 line from the other port on the reg to the nitrous. I have read on different posts that two separate regs must be used as the carb and nitrous can need different psi settings, I know that the nitrous needs 6psi, will the psi setting for the carb only be known at the tuning stage? Or will 6 be fine for both?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hp on motor will be in the 600's. I'm not too worried about the pumps ability, as you say its rated to 1200, its running the nitrous out of the same regulator as the carb.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hp on motor will be in the 600's. I'm not too worried about the pumps ability, as you say its rated to 1200, its running the nitrous out of the same regulator as the carb.
i am doing the samething and all the info that i have got says run two cause it easier to tune nitrous.not saying your system calls for this for example your carb might need to be set at 61/2 and nitrous might need to be 5-51/2 it alot easier to adjust with the nitrous reg instead of trying to do it with jets.hope this help

·
Registered
12 Posts
sorry i thought you were asking if the pump was enough for the application, I would run a seperate regulator for the nitrous like john said. It makes it much easier to tune this way. I personally like to run a seperate fuel system whenever possible with a seperate pump and reg and maybe a 3 gal cell, and run a seperate fuel like VPs c16 if you dont need that type of fuel on motor only it gives you the insurance on the spray and then if you need a lower octane depending on your compression and such your set either way. An issue that comes up with two regulators is now youve got two returns. Just some thoughts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts