460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advise on a fuel system for my 552 . Its a max effort mudbogger , 78 f-150 4x4 4800lbs , trick flow A heads / 1250 dominator / 14-1 comp
was planning on running vp's Q-16 fuel . Run 200ft pits . not sure how big of a fuel pump im going to need or size of line . thanks for any advise

·
Registered
226 Posts
Looking for some advise on a fuel system for my 552 . Its a max effort mudbogger , 78 f-150 4x4 4800lbs , trick flow A heads / 1250 dominator / 14-1 comp
was planning on running vp's Q-16 fuel . Run 200ft pits . not sure how big of a fuel pump im going to need or size of line . thanks for any advise
Is your fuel cell in the front or rear? Approx what hp is the engine?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Fuel cell is in the rear of the truck , Hoping the engine makes 800+ hp
There are a couple of different options you have depending on whether you want to go mechanical or electric.

On an electric pump anything over 650hp and we recommend our BG400 pump and 4 port regulator. Plumbing for this would be -12an to the pump and -10an to the regulator.

If you did not want to go the electric route you could also go mechanical with a belt driven pump.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are a couple of different options you have depending on whether you want to go mechanical or electric.

On an electric pump anything over 650hp and we recommend our BG400 pump and 4 port regulator. Plumbing for this would be -12an to the pump and -10an to the regulator.

If you did not want to go the electric route you could also go mechanical with a belt driven pump.

I would be going with an electric set up

Thanks for the advise

Bear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts