460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel tanks on my 1993 f250 7.5l are leaking. Is there an aftermarket setup, preferably aluminium or polymer, that holds more fuel in the same space as my 2 old leaky tanks? Or do I have to do a custom job? I need/use a large ammount of fuel pulling and hauling. I just added 5k airbags so the weight isn't a big worry. However, everytime I fuel up my front tank all the way I have to hit the freeway to burn off some of my fuel or it just leaks. If I catch it a gallon or 2 before full I'm ok unless I fill front and rear tanks. If I do that I have to burn my rear tank as fast as I can or it spills everywhere because of the pressurization. So I only fill it when I have a few miles on the freeway or in the mountains to cover.
Any words of wisdom?

·
Registered
151 Posts
My fuel tanks on my 1993 f250 7.5l are leaking. Is there an aftermarket setup, preferably aluminium or polymer, that holds more fuel in the same space as my 2 old leaky tanks? Or do I have to do a custom job? I need/use a large ammount of fuel pulling and hauling. I just added 5k airbags so the weight isn't a big worry. However, everytime I fuel up my front tank all the way I have to hit the freeway to burn off some of my fuel or it just leaks. If I catch it a gallon or 2 before full I'm ok unless I fill front and rear tanks. If I do that I have to burn my rear tank as fast as I can or it spills everywhere because of the pressurization. So I only fill it when I have a few miles on the freeway or in the mountains to cover.
Any words of wisdom?
I've seen oversize in steel and standard size in plastic, but if you want oversize in aluminum or plastic you may have to do custom fabrication which will likely be more expensive.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Check out Titan fuel tanks and see if they make anything for you’re truck. Personally buying a new steel tank wouldn’t bother me, especially if it’s designed to replace 2 oem tanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try AeroTanks in Riverside/Corona CA. I went the cheap route and fab’d a full-size Bronco tank in the rear. From 17gal to 34gal with no spare tire mount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts