460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if a big truck oil pan was full sump for the 385 like this F-600 oil pan that i used on my FE. thanks .Ron
i have a big truck pan but its like a mid sump.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have an oil pan from a f 600 or f700 that had a 385 series motor in it, its a rear sump. The pan is much deeper in the front and back than the regular light duty truck pans.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hookedonpullin,
Does the pan you have have the sump all the way to the rear like the FE pan in the picture? I am looking for a factory pan that has a rear sump all the way at the back like a fox body pan, so that i can modify it for my draglink to run through it and still have a little sump to put my pick up at the rear.thanks.....Ron

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
The ford pan I have on mine had the following part number(s) stamped on it: (#4 0489A) E7HE 6675. This is the best pic I have to show it's shape, holds about 10 liters.

found this one also:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Danny,77f-150,thats exactly what i was looking for ,thanks guys.
77f150 is that the stock pan for your truck?I may look for a good used one , i still have to modify it to put it on the mustang. Or i might save the hassel and just get a new one then modify . thanks again........Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts