460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see if any of the forum members are coming out to VMP on June 23-25. I just got word today that my buddy who went with me last year is going to be able to go again. He thought he was going on a cruise that weekend but it turns out he is going two weeks before the race. I hope I get to meet some of you out there. I will be the guy with the black 87 Chevy (sorry!!) dually with the Ford Motorsports license on the front. LOL!! I have to let people know where my heart lies when I am driving the Chevy!! Look for the 98 Mustang with the cowl hood w/NACA ducts. That's me. Not hard to find. Stop by & have a cold drink or adult beverage. Hope to see you there!! :D

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I'll be there.......

I'll be there, unfortunately, my car may not be done. Maybe, I'll enter my F100 with a 460 in the truck class. LOL . It is my local track.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick, you are going to get it. I talked with my buddy whos Cornet runs 6.70's & he only runs 101-102 MPH. You ran 99.5 the other night. You haven't posted a 6 sec run yet but you are a 6'sec car. We just got to figure how to get that thing to launch. That will put you in the 6's for sure. :D

·
Registered
846 Posts
I was planning on making it to Virgina, but after Atlanta, plans have changed.
Hope to re-group in time for Bristol.

Mike

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike , what happened in Atlanta?? Have you tested with your alky injection anymore?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Chris,

Injector was using gas... Beginning to think "The Bird" was too big, going to stick with the carb for now. As for Atl... See the "Moment of Silence " Thread.

In a nutshell, Sunday afternoon , 2 round, Motor decided to spin #7 rod bearing coming out of the water. Luckily, I heard it just after it happened and shut the motor off. Thus, minimal damage. Have to grind the crank, replace 1 rod, clean the crap outta the motor.

Mom said there would be dayz like that....lol

Mike

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike, I forgot that I read that.Sorry that it happened. You probably felt just like I did when I had a lifter failure last year. Have you thought about trying Ron's Fuel injection & alky? I love it. It's simple,it works,& it's consistant. I switched last year. I had wanted to try it for years but wanted to talk to someone I trusted before I bought one. My buddy put one on his slant six Arrow ( first slant six in the 9's) & he loved it. Mike who built the engine & is a carb guru from hell, swears he would never put a carb back on a race engine. There is at least three Ron's fans down here in eastern NC. Before anybody says it, I know what they are going to say"carbs & gas make more power than alky & injection" ANd to that I say to each his own. The injection works & is less finicky than carbs. Just my opinion... :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts